Unlikely cinematic masterpieces
1) Ski School: Enjoy a drink with "Section 8", savor the crazy party scene and enjoy the pointless, sophomoric nudity.
2) Strange Brew: Bob and Doug at their best. Hosehead the dog, beer and hockey... yes it was made by Canadians. God bless them.
3) Loverboy: A young Patrick Dempsey at his best. Vic Taybac saying "That's the guy that has been porking my wife"... Priceless
4) Johnny Dangerously: Wow- a classic. Joe Piscopo is funny and the film on elephantitus is crazy.
5) The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: There are so many famous people in the cast it is crazy. The story line is great. Too bad they never made the sequel.
6) Big Trouble in Little China: Kurt Russell in the role he was born to play. Black magic, Chinatown, and a seven demon bag! This is an undiscovered treasure.
7) Ice Pirates: Alright, I'll admit this one is a little weak. However, it was the first time I saw a robot pimp in a movie.
8) Spaceballs: What can I say about this one? It is a Star Wars rip off that is genuinely funny. Prepare for Ludicrous speed.
9) Lost Boys: The only good Feldman/Haim collaboration. Great soundtrack with a young, hot Jami Gertz.
10) The Explorers: Old ass, obscure Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix movie. I think it is great. Also, they named the ship the Thunder Road.
11) Back to School: The guest appearance by Sam Kinison is awesome. The diving is fantastic and that prick from Karate kid is in it. I quote this movie a lot. Example, "Waitress, bring a pitcher of beer every 10 minutes until someone passes out, then bring one every 7 minutes."
For the record, I did not forget about Stripes, Caddyshck or The Blues Brothers. I just assumed that everyone on the planet knows that those are the greatest movies ever. My humble words could not do them justice.
So grab a few of these on DVD and save them for a rainy day this summer.
All of these movies have the Sherpa Patrol stamp of approval.