Sherpa Patrol

What follows are the real life chronicles of the Sherpa Patrol. One man's experience with working, dating, drinking and living in the Chicagoland area! The opinions, observations and musings expressed herein are to be used for good and not evil. Don't trust the Yeti!

Name:
Location: Oak Park, ILLINOIS, United States

I can gargle Tequila. I only dance at weddings. I am a recovering Catholic.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Wednesday, Already?

Well, hard to believe another agonizingly slow work work has reached its mid-point. Like most Americans I can't believe how I somehow managed to end up working in an office. Growing up, I never thought that I would be one of those people who sits in a cube all day. It makes me miss my younger days when I was a bartender. I went from a job where dirty jokes and sexist comments where part of my job description, to a job where I am nervous complimenting a women on her crappy, over highlighted hair cut. For those of you who do not work in an office let me just say this... Way to go! Although I have a set salary and some 9 paid holidays per year. Oops, make that 10 I forgot my 1 floating personal holiday. I am not sure that it is worth all the trade offs. If you don't believe me watch the movie "Office Space". This is my third office job and they all have been just like that movie. Todays treat at my office was getting everyone at a meeting to sing happy birthday to a co-worker of mine. I know this man and it was clear to me he didn't want happy birthday sung to him. That reminds me, I need to make sure I have one sick day left this year for my birthday. Anyway to all my fellow tortured souls, trapped in the black hole of office employment I share these words of wisdom from Drew Carrey.
"So you don't like your job? You know what, there is a support group for that. Its called 'Everyone'. We meet at the bar!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home