Sherpa Patrol

What follows are the real life chronicles of the Sherpa Patrol. One man's experience with working, dating, drinking and living in the Chicagoland area! The opinions, observations and musings expressed herein are to be used for good and not evil. Don't trust the Yeti!

Name:
Location: Oak Park, ILLINOIS, United States

I can gargle Tequila. I only dance at weddings. I am a recovering Catholic.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Worship my shiny tooth!

Yes, I am sorry to admit I have been very busy this week. So there have been no posts. Part of the reason can be blamed on my tooth. Earlier in the week I broke a tooth. Yes, that's what I thought. Teeth are not supposed to break. Well I am here to say that they do. After some extensive drilling and a whole lot of big hands in my mouth, I have emerged with a temporary crown. As I held my mouth open last night and stared at this very shiny metal crown I marveled at technology. I also felt a bit like Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. The part where he defeats Darth Vader and then looks at Vader's missing hand and then stares at his own artificial hand and then slowly realizes that he too is becoming less human and more machine. Anyway the point is this is the first real body modification I have ever had. Sure a tattoo here and there but that is just a little ink. Until yesterday I was very proud of the fact I was 100% origonal parts. I guess I can take comfort in knowing that somewhere in body part heaven my tooth is spending time with my other body parts that have passed on... my baby teeth, all my shorn locks, and yes, even that elusive foreskin that was taken from me when I was a child (without my permission I might add). So to all of you I say this, hold onto to your precious body parts. Just don't play with them in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home