Sherpa Patrol

What follows are the real life chronicles of the Sherpa Patrol. One man's experience with working, dating, drinking and living in the Chicagoland area! The opinions, observations and musings expressed herein are to be used for good and not evil. Don't trust the Yeti!

Name:
Location: Oak Park, ILLINOIS, United States

I can gargle Tequila. I only dance at weddings. I am a recovering Catholic.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Missing in Action

I owe you all an apology. I have not been very diligent at keeping this blog updated.
I would like to say that I had been captured by Amazon women and had been forced into sexual servitude for the past few months. That is what I would like to say. The reality is that I got lazy and that I had a ton of other stuff going on.
So...
I have come to a realization. I cannot grow decent facial hair.
I am old enough that I should be able to grow a moustache, goatee or beard if I so desire. However, thanks to some sort of genetic quirk I am unable to grow anything that looks normal. Currently I am sporting a goatee that has been growing for 4 weeks. It isn't good. I am going to remove it in the very near future. It was a valiant effort this time. Plenty of time, attention to detail, a new beard trimming device, however, it is just not in the cards for me.

As such, I will add growing a beard to my list of:
Reasons why it would be good for me to be stranded on a desert island.
1) I would lose weight
2) I could get a nice tan
3) I would have time to work out everyday
4) I would finally have enough time to read that indecipherable piece of shit book, Ulysses, that I have been trying to read for the better part of 4 years. James Joyce, I know you are a fellow Irishmen, but how about a few less characters and some more f@#$ing punctuation.
5) I could quit drinking for a while
6) I could quit smoking (I actually just did this but I am leaving it on the list)
7) I could grow my White guy Afro back
8) I could finally grow a beard

Anyway I hope all of you out there have a strong finish to the Dating season this year.
Remember, if you can't be with the one you love, get on her friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some special vitamins that really helped me grow my nice full, lucious beard.

October 09, 2006  
Blogger Meteorflower said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home