Sherpa Patrol

What follows are the real life chronicles of the Sherpa Patrol. One man's experience with working, dating, drinking and living in the Chicagoland area! The opinions, observations and musings expressed herein are to be used for good and not evil. Don't trust the Yeti!

Name:
Location: Oak Park, ILLINOIS, United States

I can gargle Tequila. I only dance at weddings. I am a recovering Catholic.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dry out week

The Sherpa has been on a bender my friends.
I have been out every night. No prisoners, no regrets and no regard for my sanity.
I will say this: vast quantities of beer were consumed, many rules of decency were broken and the Sherpa owes one woman a thank you card.
Fun? Yes. However, there is a price to pay.
I am as tired as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. So that must mean it is time for the semi-annual Dry out week.

The rules:
No alcohol of any kind for 7 days. No smoking of any kind for 7 days.

The reason:
Just to make sure you can do it.

The benefits:
Piece of mind
Catch up on sleep
Gives the body a chance to recover

Dry out week represents the difference between being a drinker and being an alcoholic. If you can stop for a week and walk away from it, you don’t have a problem. If you get the shakes, can’t sleep or are otherwise troubled than you are no longer drinking for fun. I am not going to make fun of alcoholism here. It is really sad. It takes the fun out of drinking for the rest of us.

If you party like the Sherpa, I recommend 2 dry out weeks per year. That means you party like a rock star for 50 out of the 52 weeks in a year. Hey, give your liver a 2 week vacation. It is a small price to pay.

So for you hard core people out there: circle a day on the calendar, get some rest, and we will see you in a week. The people at the bar will be glad to see you when you get back. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home