Sherpa Patrol

What follows are the real life chronicles of the Sherpa Patrol. One man's experience with working, dating, drinking and living in the Chicagoland area! The opinions, observations and musings expressed herein are to be used for good and not evil. Don't trust the Yeti!

Name:
Location: Oak Park, ILLINOIS, United States

I can gargle Tequila. I only dance at weddings. I am a recovering Catholic.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Tao of the Drinking game

Drinking games are a time honored tradition. In my group of friends they are mandatory. We stay away from a lot of the typical crap. These are some sitdown games and some games you can play on unsuspecting people while you are out and about. Here are several of my favorites. Please feel free to play them yourself.

1. Drinking Jenga. This has grown in popularity, especially at college. All you need to do is take a regular Jenga (the block stacking game) and write drinking commands on one side. For example, "Guys drink 2" or "Chug your beer" or "Reverse play". Make them simple and/or obnoxious. I suggest leaving several blank. That way you can customize the Jenga with each new group of people who play. In fact, you can have a party to "Initiate" the Jenga.

2. The Bon Jovi game. Now this one is childish. However, it can also be a lot of fun. This game is nice for a friendly wager between friends. Usually me and my friends, Scott and Jay, would run this game on women at bars. It is quite simple. All you need to do is quote Bon Jovi lyrics to women without getting caught. You can go big or go small. She asks you what you are doing tonight, you say "Livin' on a prayer". It helps if you know a lot of Bon Jovi songs. That would explain why Jay was always very good at it. Try it sometime. It helps if you've been drinking for this one.

3. Fake Professions. Now this isn't always a game. I have gotten quite tired of women from Lincoln Park asking me what I do for a living. This is usually as polite as these broads get when it comes to directly asking "How much money do you make?". The women I am referring to are particuarly shallow. This is why I take delight in giving them bizarre professions. This way I get to see the expression on thier faces as they try and decide if I make enough money a year to talk to. My favorite fake profession is a Manaquin designer.

4. The Bodyguard. This works best if there are several guys going out. Quite simply, pretend to be guarding one of your group. If people ask who it is tell them they are someone who is famous or sounds famous. Brad Pitt's younger brother Brian, Jimmy Fallon's cousin John or make up a name and tell them you are on the new season of Survivor. It works best when everyone is wearing nicer clothes and several of your buddies are a bit on the larger side. My brothers and friends are all over 6 feet tall so this one is easy for us.

These are a few of the old standards. Be careful. Don't get your ass kicked playing Bodyguard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home